- In One God, being in Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- that the only begotten son of God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, dead, buried, resurrected, and now is seated at the right hand of God the Father;
- Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- that the Bible, in its entirety, is the Word of God, fully inspired and written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and it is our infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17
- you must be “born again” to enter the kingdom of heaven, and all are born with a nature to sin, and that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, and the Lord Jesus Christ paid the price for sin by shedding His precious blood on the cross for our sins. Those who refuse to accept His sacrifice for their sin are eternally lost, and those who repent of their sins and personally accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life;
- that one who is truly “born again” is very accurately described by John in 1 John 3: He does not continually abide in sin but can know that he has passed from death unto life because he loves the brethren in deed and truth. He has confidence because his heart doesn’t condemn him and he receives from the Lord because he keeps His commandments and does those things which are pleasing in God’s sight;
- that salvation is by faith, without works, solely by God’s grace;
- Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- that the fruit of the Holy Spirit should be increasingly evident in a Christian’s life as demonstrated in Galatians Chapter 5
- John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 ; Acts 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit:
- in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as a distinct experience from the new birth, and in the gifts of the Holy Spirit as being valid and operative today;
- 1 Peter 3:21; Acts 2:41; Acts 8:12; Acts 19:4; Acts 22:16; Colossians 2:12-13; John 1:33; Luke 3:16; Mark 16:16; Matthew 3:16; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 1:4-5; Luke 3: 21-22; Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 16:31-33; Acts 8:36-38; Acts 2:38-41; John 1:29-33
Baptism and Communion:
- that every “born again” Christian should follow the example of our Lord in baptism by immersion and by celebrating the Lord’s supper (communion);
- Matthew 26:26-28; John 6:53-58; 1 Corinthians 10:16-17; 1 Corinthians 11:23-27; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:19-20; John 6:48-51; Acts 2:42-46; 1 Corinthians 11:28-32
The Kingdom of God:
- in the Christian’s hope, that is the imminent personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His church;
- we should obey the command of Jesus to preach the Good News (Gospel) to all the world; and
- that regular fellowship with other “born again” believers and commitment to a local church, with regular participation in its activities, is important to personal spiritual growth.
- Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15, Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.